Have you ever met someone for the first time but something in their handshake felt like you met them before? Or you visited a place you’ve never been to yet somehow the streets seemed uncannily familiar? Perhaps you had a dream about a person or place in such intricate detail that you woke up baffled and wondered how you could possibly know those details. You my have wondered if your dreams are memories from a past life, but did you know that there is actually a way to find out? There is! Read on to learn how to access this information in the Akashic Records.
What Are The Akashic Records?
The Akashic Records, also commonly referred to as The Great Hall, The Library, The Book of Life, or The Collective Consciousness, is an high dimensional database that contains energetic imprints of everything that has ever happened, that is happening, and even probable future events for every soul since the beginning of time into infinity; Every choice made, every action taken, every word spoken, even every thought, idea and feeling is encoded into this high dimension ether, and it is all there for you to access at any time that you desire.
In Sanskrit, Akasha means “sky,” but there are references to mystics and other spiritual leaders accessing the records in the writings of almost every ancient culture across the globe. In Western culture, however, it wasn’t until the late 19th century that we can trace the first known reference of the Akasha to the founder of the Theosophical movement, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, who spoke of learning about the Akasha from the Tibetan monks whom she had spent time studying with. Later, the concept was popularized by the famed clairvoyant also known as the “Sleeping Prophet,” Edgar Cayce.
Accessing The Akashic Records
You don’t have to be a mystic or a psychic or a prophet to be able to access the Akashic Records. The Universe is neutral and the Records are not reserved under special privilege for a select few. Everybody is capable and welcome as long as their desire is genuine and they are open to whatever information and guidance the receive. The challenge lies in one’s ability to hold that high vibration, so being practiced at deep meditation is key or at least having the will to practice and keep trying.
While everyone is able to access the Akashic Records, the experience itself varies from person to person. For some, it may be like watching a projection on a film screen, some may be given a book or scroll to read through, and others may begin to channel information. Often you are met by an Akashic spirit guide who may ask what your intention is or what information you are seeking, so it is very important to know what questions you have beforehand as you are only able to hold the vibration for so long before it begins to dissipate.
The Benefits Of Working In The Akashic Records
There are a number of benefits to working in the Akashic Records that go much further than finding out details about your past lives. In fact, if your intention to visit the Akashic Records is simply for fun or entertainment, you’ll likely have a harder time establishing a strong connection, or making a connection at all, as the Records are meant to be a resource for guidance, and have the ability to differentiate between states of intention and purpose for the visit.
However, if you’re seeking answers about specific problems or negative patterns in your current life that you suspect may be rooted in trauma or other significant experiences from a past life, the information you may receive can be quite profound. Working in the Akasha can help you gain a deep understanding of what you’re facing in your current life and why, as well as what soul contracts you may still be unnecessarily bound to and operating under that are negatively impacting your life and preventing you from moving forward.
With this insight, you are better able to understand who you are on a soul level, what your natural inclinations are, your unique gifts and talents, and how you can apply them in your current life for your greatest and highest good. You are also better equipped to clear blockages and release negative unconscious energy so that you can fully realign your soul with your higher purpose.
How To Access The Akashic Records
Just as there are many different ways one might experience the Akasha, there are also many different ways that one can access it, and what works for one person might not work for the next. As with any spiritual work, the “how” is more or less subjective and will vary from person to person. What matters more than the “how” is the “why”; the intent and the focus of that intent. This is why practice is so important, because the more you practice the more you will understand what works for you and what doesn’t. Some people simply request access, some have special prayers or incantations that they recite, and some even perform small rituals.
Regardless of how you get there exactly, here are some general guidelines for starting out:
1. Find a quiet space where you will not be distracted or disturbed.
2. Consider what your intentions are, what information you are seeking, and what questions you have. You can write your questions down on a piece of paper if it helps you clarify what to ask, but it may be best to start with just one question until you are more comfortable and familiar with working in the Akasha.
3. Close your eyes, focus on your breath, and allow yourself to enter into a deep meditation.
4. You may imagine that you are in a room filled with warm white light, and that there is a doorway ahead of you. Take your time walking towards the door, and when you are ready, place your hand on the door knob and open it.
5. When you open the door, you may be met by an Akashic Record guide who may ask for your full name and what it is that you are seeking. This is why it is good to be ready with this information. If you are not prompted with the question, it’s important that you offer the information, as that’s how the Akasha identifies your particular soul record. By your birth name, date, and location, and your current legal name.
6. At this point, you the Akashic Record guide may give you book or escort you to a shelf where you will find the one you need. You may be directed to sit somewhere to watch a projection, or you may begin to hear a voice telling you the information that you need. You may open a book and see the information and guidance materialize on the page in front of you as moving pictures in 2D or 3D, in writing or symbols or in more abstract forms that accompany sensations you may feel. Again, this part will vary.
7. When you the information you came to seek, return whatever you have taken or been given, thank the guide or guides for their assistance and simply walk out.
8. Write down whatever information or guidance you were given in a journal so that you can refer back to it as needed.
If you are interested in working in the Akashic Records with me, I’d love to help you! Let’s schedule a time to chat together and I can give you specific tips, suggestions, and also options on how I can help you.
Here’s the link to my scheduler: Book A Call
Have you been able to access the Akashic Records? What was the experience like for you? Let me know in the comments!
Research and draft of this blog by Claire Del Grippo; editing and finishing touches by Lisa Rose.